Conversation with Mikel Arteta and Santi Cazorla
- Arteta: I was gonna say I’m envious of what you have accomplished with La Roja, but envy is not healthy, it’s bad.
- Cazorla: Seriously, I wonder why you’ve never been with the national team. Look you’ve had some incredible seasons with Everton and now you’re the deputy captain of Arsenal. How strange that you’ve not yet had a chance. There are many players in that position, but I do wonder.
- Arteta: I won’t stop dreaming, I’ll keep looking for that opportunity to enjoy winning with that group. The truth is that I’m envious and angry at not being able to participate in this historic streak. But I’m in a terrific moment in my career and hopefully will get the call from the coach.
- Cazorla: Hopefully one day we’ll enjoy it together.
- Arteta: (Laughs) Pass on a good report for me.
- Cazorla: I’ll try to, come with me sometime.
- Arteta: That would be great.